Friday, May 10, 2013

GoLite Shangri-La Tents Are Back in Stock

As you guys know, I currently use the GoLite Shangri-La 3 as my main tent. In the past I used to use the Shangri-La 5. I am a big fan of both tents. I often get asked where people can find them, as they have not been available on the market.

Shangri-La_5_Tent_Bundle_Evergreen

For those not familiar with the issues, a while back GoLite decided to pull all of its products from distributors, and start selling only in house through their website. As a result, their products virtually vanished while they were resetting their production. I often get asked where people can buy the tents, and there was no good answer.

Well, finally, they are being produced again, and can be purchased from GoLite directly. There are two things you should note. The first is that the tents now come with the nest (floor and mosquito netting) that fits within the tent. In the past you could purchase only the flysheet, which is what I did, but that is no longer an option. The ability to purchase only the flysheet was a cost saving option, especially for people like me who never use the nest. Now, you may think that including the nest as a part of the tent will increase the price, but that leads me to the second thing you should note. As a result of it’s distribution mechanism changes, GoLite has literally cut its prices in half. A tent that used to cost $600 can now be purchased for $300. When I bought the Shangri-La 5 flysheet, it cost me about $300. Now, for that same price you get the flysheet and the nest. If you don’t like the nest, just toss it out, or keep it for when the wife comes camping with you.

On top of that, through May 27, 2013, GoLite is offering a discount of 15% on all items plus free shipping on orders over $100.

So, if you have been wondering where to get any of the Shangri-La tents, you are in luck. They are available again directly from GoLite, and at very reasonable prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment