Friday, October 4, 2013

The Boots Are Dead, Long Live The Boots!

For a bunch of years now, my go to backpacking boots for moderate weather have been a pair of Solomon Quest 4D GTX.

138

Well, they were getting pretty worn out, and few weeks ago, they finally gave out. One of the eyelets for the laces broke off.

148

I wasn’t particularly upset. The boots have served me well, and I have gotten a lot of use out of them. It was time for a new pair. So, I went to the same REI store where I had gotten these boots, when the store had just opened years ago, and bought a pair of new ones. My choice?

122

That’s right. A new pair of Solomon Quest 4D GTX. I’ve been so happy with the boots, that it was the only type I was interested in getting. I walked in, I asked to see a pair in my size, tried them on, and bought them. I wore them on my last trip, and they are coming along fine; a worthy successor to my trusted boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment